Thursday 22 April 2021

The 30 Greatest Sayings On Cooking, Dining & Eating Well

There is no sincerer love than the love of food, and here are Dineread we love it as much as you. Curated by the Dineread review team is the ultimate collection of food quotes celebrating the art of dining, cooking and eating.

1. People who love to eat are always the best people. – Julia Child

2. My mom, who’s been in the restaurant business for 40 years, is the number-one influence in my life. But I look up to a lot of people in the industry. Tops on my list is Mario Batali. My mom and Mario taught me the same lesson: Food is love. – Rachael Ray

3. From an early age I understood that cooking was never going to be a job, it’s a passion. – Gordon Ramsay

4. “One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” – Luciano Pavarotti

5. “We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly.” – Anna Thomas

6. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” – Virginia Woolf

7. “I’ve long believed that good food, good eating, is all about risk. Whether we’re talking about unpasteurized Stilton, raw oysters or working for organized crime ‘associates’, food, for me, has always been an adventure” – Anthony Bourdain

8. “Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” – Harriet Van Horne

9. “Love is an ice cream sundae, with all the marvellous coverings. Sex is the cherry on top.” – Jimmy Dean

10. Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want. – Gael Greene

11. “Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.” – Sophia Loren

12. “I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.” – W.C. Fields

13. “Cheese – milk’s leap towards immortality.” – Clifton Fadiman

14. “I like rice. Rice is great if you’re hungry and want two thousand of something.” – Mitch Hedberg

15. “A party without cake is just a meeting.” – Julia Child

16. “Waffles are like pancakes with syrup traps” – Mitch Hedberg

17. “You know how I feel about tacos. It’s the only food shaped like a smile. A beef smile.” – Earl Hickey

18. “What I say is that, if a fellow really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.” – A.A. Milne

19. “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relatives.” – Oscar Wilde

20. “People want honest, flavourful food, not some show-off meal that takes days to prepare.” – Ted Allen

21. “A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.” – Elsa Schiaparelli

22. “Don’t touch my d**k, don’t touch my knife.” – Anthony Bourdain

23. “The way you make an omelette reveals your character.” ― Anthony Bourdain

24. “Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks.” – Marilyn Wann

25. “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. “ – Doug Larson

26. “Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans … are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit.” ― Anthony Bourdain

27. “I’ll bet what motivated the British to colonize so much of the world is that they were just looking for a decent meal.” – Martha Harrison

28. “I am not a glutton. I am an explorer of food.” – Erma Bombeck

29. “My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order.” – Dolly Parton

30. “The meal is not over when I’m full. The meal is over when I hate myself” – Louis C.K.

For more great cooking content, check out Dineread today and prepare your best meals yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment